Moisture is essential in keeping your raw hair from drying. Moisturizing your hair can make your hair look and feel better. Moisturizing your hair will keep it from drying out or becoming brittle due to heat damage.
- Divide your hair into four sections with a wide tooth comb
- Apply a moisture rich conditioner. Comb from the bottom and work your way up. Remember to not massage your hair. This not only makes it easier to work with,but also causes less damage to your hair.
- Leave conditioner on for about 15 minutes or more. We recommend leaving the conditioner on as long as you can. This ensures that your hair gets the hydration that it needs. And you can never go wrong with more moisture.
- Use a dime size drop of anti-frizz alcohol free hair serum and style as desired.
Moisturizing shampoos and conditioners:
- Tressemme Salon Silk Shampoo
- Carols Daughter BLACK VANILLA LINE Shampoo and conditioner
- OGX Hydrating Teatree mint
- Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shampoo
- One and Only Argon oil shampoo and conditioner
- Proclaim Shea Butter Moisturizing shampoo
- Paul Mitchell Awaphui Moisturesmooth
- Silicone mix
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Treating your hair is important because it helps restore the hairs natural shine, and keeps the hair strong and healthy. Which allows you to have a longer lifespan.
- Silicone mix (If you use this as a deep conditioner, do not worry about doing these treatments)
- Mizani 25 coconut milk (works on any hair)
- Mizani True Textures Moisture Treatment(for curly, wavy, and hair with coils) Leave in Conditioners
While treating and maintaining your Raw hair is essential, you still need to make sure your taking care of your natural hair.
GRAPE SEED OIL
Like olive oil and coconut oil, grape seed oil is an outstanding natural moisturizer and conditioner. It is a light oil that won’t leave your face feeling greasy, and helps to lock in moisture and prevent dry skin & scalp.
Coconut oil contains Vitamin E, essential amino acids, and lauric and caprylic acid, which form part of the barrier function of your skin and help maintain your skin's natural balance.
Applied topically, Vitamin E oil can block free radicals and replenish lipids, which helps slow down the skin's aging process.
MORINGA OLEIFERA SEED OIL
This nutrient-dense oil is famous for its anti-aging properties. It helps remove wrinkles and prevents sagging. It comes filled with antioxidants that slow the aging process down and help curb the activity of free radicals.
Maintaining & Caring for Your WigYou should shampoo your wig every 1 to 2 weeks. This will ensure that any buildup of products and residue is removed, leaving the hair clean and silky. Sulfate free shampoo is the best type to use as it avoids stripping the hair of its existing moisture.-Saturate wig with warm water. Use a dime sized or quarter sized amount of shampoo, depending on the length and thickness of the wig.-Ensure that the shampoo reaches the base of the wig to remove any residue and buildup from the wig cap.*Do not rub hair excessively as this will create tangles. Treat the hair as if it were your own to ensure longevity*-Rinse and repeat as needed.-Use conditioner to dehydrate the wig. Be sure to let the conditioner reach the base of the hair on the wig to ensure that each strand of hair is fully coated.-Detangle with a wide tooth comb if the hair is straight. If the hair is curly it is better to finger comb the wig.-After rinsing the conditioner from the wig, use a light leave-in conditioning spray. Apply to the hair and separate the hair so that the leave-in conditioner reaches the base of the wig as well.-Gently dab and let the wig air dry. If it is a straight hair wig, you can optionally blow dry it on low or place it on a mannequin head under a low-heat bonnet dryer setting.-It is important to keep hair moisturized to avoid snagging and tangles. To keep hair moisturized between washes, use a light leave-in conditioning spray every day and dry shampoo as needed.